27th SGIFF: Masterclass | Darren Aronofsky
25 NOV 2016, FRI / 3.00PM / 60MIN
IMPORTANT TICKETING INFORMATION BELOW
From surrealist mathematical thriller to psychological horror, from sports drama to biblical tale, Darren Aronofsky pushes the limits when it comes to writing and directing. Throughout his career, Darren Aronofsky has garnered plenty of praise and reached both commercial and critical success with works that are thought provoking, challenging and occasionally controversial. With his uncompromising directorial style, he continues to be one of the major players in Hollywood, working with some of the biggest names in acting, blending genres and pushing boundaries with storytelling. Discover the man behind the box-office successes, how he maintains and still is challenging cinematic explorations, as well as his philosophy on filmmaking, in this rare and personal session.
Darren Aronofsky is an American film director, screenwriter, film producer and environmentalist. His debut feature, Pi (1997) won the Directing Award at the 1998 Sundance Film Festival and an Independent Spirit Award for best first screenplay. Since then, he has gone on to direct other critically acclaimed and award-winning films such as Requiem For A Dream (2000), The Fountain(2006), The Wrestler (2008), Black Swan (2010) and Noah (2014). Aronofsky is also known for his environmental activism where he has received the Humanitarian Award from both the Humane Society of the United States and PETA. In 2015, he collaborated with the artist JR on The Standing March, a public art installation in Paris encouraging diplomats at COP21 to take action against climate change.
• A fully refundable fee of $5 will be charged for each ticket booking. Register and turn up for the event. If you turn up, the booking fee will be refunded by Peatix electronically, otherwise, it will be forfeited.
• Seats are issued on a first-come-first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
• Registration will close on 25 Nov 2016, 9am. Any cancellations must be made before the ticket cut-off date and time, otherwise your registration will be locked-in.
• The refund will be handled by the credit card company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
• Should the refund be done before the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
• Should the refund process be done after the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the next month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix are unable to look up cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
LINKS TO OTHER MASTERCLASSES:
- ANURAG KASHYAP
- FRUIT CHAN
- HERMAN YAU
- NAOMI KAWASE
- TRAN ANH HUNG
LINKS TO OTHER TALKS:
- CINEMA LEGEND: SIMON YAM
- THE ROAD TO MANDALAY
- MUTATING MYTHOLOGIES - HYBRID CINEMA OF LATIN AMERICA
- ACTORS UNSCRIPTED WITH JACK NEO
- DEVELOPING SCREENPLAYS IN SINGAPORE
- ELEVATING YOUR STORY THROUGH SOUND DESIGN
- EXPLORING VR360 IN SHORT FILMS
- FUTURE OF CINEMA FORUM
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM SGT
- Marina Bay Sands, Art Science Museum
Free Seating (Refundable) $5.00 Free Seating (Refundable) $5.00
On sale until Nov 25, 2016, 9:00:00 AM
- Venue Address
- 6 Bayfront Avenue Singapore